Monday 30 December 2013

Naturists - The Next Generation

In a recent discussion on Twitter with a 21 year old mother of 2 from the USA it became clear that she & her husband have very sensible views on bringing up their children to accept nudity and their bodies as they are.  As a grandfather myself, I totally respect and admire these parents for their sensible decision to raise their children without the common hangups or prejudices about themselves.

One of the things she said during the conversation was, "Being a child is hard enough without being made ashamed of who you are." That statement hit me like a steel bolt because my attempt at parenthood flashed before my eyes and I realized that I had been guilty of having misguided my own kids. This wonderful mother then went on to say, "People are so worried about sexuality that they don't understand stripping away the mystery takes away the allure." Another statement which is so obvious that most people are not aware of its benefits. The young woman went on to say that most of the parents she knows in the 18 to 30 age bracket have similar open-minded views.

As the discussions continued it became obvious that the children of these two parents are so privileged to have a balanced and open-minded upbringing where they are taught the values of life and the beauty of the human body.

At the end of our brief conversation on Twitter, I was filled with admiration, respect, elation and hope for future generations because it appears that some of the current generation of parents are bringing up their children with a correct and balanced moral view of nudity and the natural naked body.

As far as I am aware, these parents I am referring to live in a country with a very outdated and narrow-minded outlook on nudity yet they have succeeded in sifting through all the old puritanical taboos to give their offspring a balanced understanding of themselves as human beings and of life itself. Let these parents be examples to young parents in other parts of the world that there is nothing offensive about the human body except the sordid thoughts invading peoples' minds at the sight of that nude body.

I leave you with another striking quote from this amazing mother:

It's sad how so many kids are taught insecurities because of someone else's comfort

* * * * * *

No comments:

Post a Comment